DO YOU WANT TO PREVENT MUSLIM CHILDREN IN THE CARE SYSTEM LEAVING THE UMMAH?
Then please sign the petition at:
You can also take 2 minutes to lobby your local MP via http://www.writetothem.com/ – just copy & paste the attached letter template!
- · There are around 2,200 Muslim children in the care system in England
- · Against all the odds, many of them try to hold on to their Muslim identity, SubhanAllah.
- · They want to celebrate Eid, pray and read Quran.
- · Some non-Muslim families endeavour to promote the children’s Muslim identity, MashAllah
- · Most Muslims would agree that children’s Muslim identity is best nurtured if these children are fostered and adopted by Muslim families.
- · Currently, adoption agencies have a requirement to give ‘due consideration’ to a child’s religion when matching a child to adopters.
- · Section 1 part 2 of the new Children & Families Bill is calling for this practice to be abandoned.
- · Even though there may be Muslim adopters available, this policy will mean social workers won’t need to look for them.
- · Social workers will be at liberty to place children with the nearest, quickest and cheapest option.
- · This will inevitably mean that many more Muslim children will be adopted into non-Muslim families than is the case now.